Stock quotes Available For Download
To get quotes for any of the below, use Yahoo! Symbol lookup feature (http://finance.yahoo.com/l).
Major U.S. stock markets: NYSE, Amex, Nasdaq National Market (NasdaqNM), Nasdaq Small Cap (NasdaqSC) and OTC Bulletin Board. NYSE and Amex equities can be identified by a ticker
symbol consisting of three or fewer characters. Nasdaq equities can be identified by a ticker symbol, which consists of 4 or more characters. OTC Bulletin Board equities can be identified by
ticker symbols with a .OB extension.
Major Canadian stock markets: Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, and Alberta. Canadian ticker symbols include an extension designating the exchange as follows:
- Toronto: .TO (example: TMF.TO)
- Montreal: .M (example: BDG.M)
- Canadian Venture Exchange: .V (example: CD.V) Formerly the Vancouver & Alberta exchanges.
Quotes from Canadian exchanges are in Canadian dollars.
Major German stock markets: Frankfurt/FWB, Xetra, Hamburg/HAM, Hannover/HAN, Bremen/BRE, Berlin/BER, Dusseldorf/DUS, Stuttgart/STU, Munchen/MUN, Marktuberblick.
Mutual Funds and Money Market Funds.
Market Indices, such as the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Ticker symbols for these items all begin with the circumflex (caret) symbol, "^".
Some popular ticker symbols:
- ^DJI - Dow Jones Industrial Average
- ^IXIC - Nasdaq Composite Index
- ^SPC - S&P 500 Index
- ^XAX - Amex Composite Index
- ^XJY - Japanese Yen exchange rate (with US dollar)
- ^XCD - Canadian Dollar exchange rate (with US dollar)